Tuesday 27 January 2015

Tentative Toe-Dips Too

Thinking about things far too complex for twitter, wishing a writing desk app existed so that I could handwrite entries with a calligraphy nib and fresh indigo-violet ink on beautifully smooth heavy paper yet still have them show up here, contemplating the non-fiction book I want to write, knowing something drastic must change or I'll soon be unable to get out of bed at all...for these reasons & more (like wasting entire days on Sims Freeplay), I've got a whim to restart here. I know it's merely whispers into the void, but they do have a long half-life (to cludge ["kludge" looks wrong to me] together nearly random metaphors), in that unless the Blogger site itself disappears or hugely fails, the entries will still be here for me to read years later, even if no one else does. In fact I really don't expect others at all; in the same way I prefer to be alone irl, going solo here makes it easier to write. And as I hunt & peck that out on my iPad (one hand holding the tablet at the correct angle, the other gripping the stylus as my hand cramps up without it), I realize that of course I'd love to debate, discuss, even argue as friends, I just don't want to deal w/ all the other crap relationships demand.  I truly relish these nights awake, watching the Australian Open or PBS & TCM, knitting or gaming, or reading entire books in one sitting. I just don't want the hassles of a regular life.

No comments: